Someone asked me today if I had a simple full moon ritual that they could use to reenergize. I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before, but for the sake of clarity – my rituals are not that intense. I’m always trying to find ways to bring more magick into my everyday routine, but I like to keep the fuss out of my practice right now. I focus on the fundamentals, on how it feels. I try not on what I think it’s supposed to look like. Every witch has her way.
I like to use full moons as a quiet moment for myself. It’s a moment for me to lock myself away from the demands of everyday life and refocus. You can stop wherever you wish during this timeline. This is my full evening after caring for my family and taking some time to unwind. I still manage to be in bed by 9pm.
- Sage Bundle for smoke cleansing
- Pen & paper
Step 1 – Tidy up your home or your space. At least handle the major things so that your brain isn’t in overdrive thinking about everything you “need to get done”.
Step 2 – Smoke or salt cleanse your space. Open the windows and really get that fresh air and energy in.
Step 3 – Cleanse yourself. Shower, bath, whatever you prefer. Take the time to let your body relax and get into a space of calm. I usually do a calming affirmation during my body cleanse. You can find some of my favorite affirmations here.
Step 4 – Minimum five minutes of meditation. There are some great playlists out there. I prefer to listen to soft instrumental music to help me through my meditations. Find one that you resonate with that does not pull your mind from concentrating on your breath.
Step 5 – There are options here depending on whether you are focused on manifesting or releasing. You can do both if you would like:
- Journal your intentions or what you would like to manifest into your life. Keep it very definitive and descriptive. Use “I am”, “This is” statements as if it is already true. Don’t give your magickal energy the chance to mess around and take forever to bring your manifestation to fruition.
- Focus on something that has you feeling “stuck”. Dive into an emotion you have been feeling a lot of lately and why it has stuck with you. How is it affecting you? I prefer to use the “stream of consciousness” method when doing this. I try not to edit my thoughts or feelings – just let it all flow out of you. It doesn’t need to make sense or have proper grammar or spelling. Just let it out. It may get ugly and you may cry, but that is OKAY! Allow yourself to feel it.
Step 6 – Depending on what you did in step 5, you will finalize your manifestation or release:
- Manifesting – Take your manifestations and fold them up. Focus on the positive energy you’ve put into them and really hold your intentions in your mind. Place your manifestations into a place that brings you happiness but that you will not disturb. I have mine in a little glass box on my altar. I don’t touch it unless I’m adding to it or felt that I have manifested what I initially called. Light a candle and take a moment of silence to settle into that wonderful motivating feeling.
- Releasing – Take all of that emotional word-vomit you just laid down and rip it up. and then, light it on fire. Why do you think lighting your ex’s stuff seemed so appealing? Let. That. Shit. Go.
And that’s it! Once you feel you’ve really nailed down your manifestation or just taken the time to let go of whatever has its hold on you, take a moment of quiet and go to bed! Sleep is important. Let things be.
What is your full moon ritual? Do you find yourself doing more or less than mine?
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram for every day content.
Keep an eye on our shop – new product and updates to come!
Join the Magickal Mavens facebook group! It’s full of amazingly supportive practitioners that get it. Each week, I provide a live stream of the tarot forecast (and sometimes free short readings) and you’ll get access to special discount codes, promo teasers and future giveaways!
Hit “Subscribe” to be sure to get notifications of posts, updates, and other exciting announcements!
Follow Magickal Mavens with Bloglovin